- Instructor: dfladmin
- Duration: 10 weeks
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 jars of your favorite Marinara (9.3 oz each)
- 6 ounces uncooked multi-grain spaghetti
- ¾ cup of water or low sodium natural chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seed
- Grated parmesan cheese, (optional)
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the turkey, pepper, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, spaghetti and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until spaghetti and vegetables are tender. Garnish with cheese if desired.
APPROXIMATE NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS PER SERVING: 476 calories, 36 grams of protein, 45 grams of carbohydrates, 16.7 grams of fat, and 8 grams of dietary fiber.