- Instructor: Robert Ferguson
- Duration: 10 weeks
- 4 cups soy milk or skim milk, warmed
- 2 TBSP Butter or Smart Balance Buttery Spread
- 2 TBSP Unbleached all purpose white flour
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- Make a roux using butter and flour in a sauce pan. Cook for 2 minutes, being sure not to burn. Add half of the warmed milk and whisk until smooth. Add rest of milk. Heat slowly.
- Use a spatula to ensure that the bottom does not burn. Add parmesan cheese to mixture along with garlic powder and stir until the sauce is smooth. Strain off sauce if necessary to remove any burned particles.
Serves: 8 (1/2 cup serving size)
Recommendation: serve with your choice of Pasta and a Protein (optional) and you have a Fat Burning Meal.
APPROXIMATE NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS PER SERVING: 200 calories, 15 grams of protein, 9 grams of carbohydrates, 11 grams of fat, and 0 grams of dietary fiber.