In less than 20 minutes you’ll be eating a delicious fat burning meal.
- 1 tsp olive oil plus cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 sweet bell peppers (1 red and 1 yellow), seeds removed, cut into chunks
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 ½ cups egg whites
- 1 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, sliced
- Fresh basil and/or parsley leaves
- Coat an oven-safe nonstick skillet with cooking spray and add 1 tsp. olive oil. Heat on medium heat and add chopped onion and peppers. Cook for approximately 5 minutes, stirring on occasion, until lightly browned.
- In the meantime, beat eggs, egg whites, cheese, almond milk, oregano, salt, and pepper in mixing bowl. Once onion mixture is browned, reduce the heat to medium-low and pour the egg mixture right into the skillet. Cook without stirring for 5-7 minutes or until eggs are set on bottom.
- Set oven to broil.
- Arrange sliced tomatoes on top of egg mixture in the skillet. Sprinkle fresh herbs on top.
- Broil approximately 5 minutes, or until the frittata is firm in the center and the top is lightly browned. Enjoy!
Approximate Nutritional Analysis Per Serving: 420 calories, 46 grams of protein, 20 grams of carbohydrates, 4 grams of fiber, and 18 grams of fat.