Pair this dish with a slow carb of your choice and you’ll have a perfect, fall, fat burning meal.
- 1 TBSP safflower or sunflower oil, divided
- 1 ½ cups frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 2 cups Gala apple wedges
- 1 TBSP butter, divided
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- ½ tsp kosher salt, divided
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (about ½ inch thick)
- ½ cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- ½ tsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Pat onions dry with a paper towel. Add onions to pan; cook 2 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once. Add apple to pan; place in oven. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until onions and apple are tender. Stir in 2 teaspoons butter, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add pork to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove pork from pan; keep warm. Combine broth and flour in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add broth mixture to pan; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook for 1 minute or until reduced to 1/4 cup. Stir in vinegar and remaining 1 teaspoon butter. Serve sauce with pork and apple mixture.
Serving Size: 4
Approximate Nutritional Analysis Per Serving: 240 calories, 25 grams of protein, 11 grams of carbohydrates, 10 grams of fat, and 1.5 grams of fiber.