This One Pot Cheesy Pumpkin Pasta is the perfect blend of pumpkin, pasta, and cheesiness.
- 12 oz pasta noodles, dry, elbow or shells
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 2 TBSP butter
- 4 oz Neufchatel cream cheese, room temperature cut into cubes
- Parsley for garnish
- In a big pot or deep sided skillet, add dry noodles, onion, garlic, vegetable broth, pumpkin puree, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Stir to blend together, and put on the stove over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover, stir, cover, simmer for 2-4 minutes, or until pasta is el dente.
- Add butter and cream cheese cubes, stir continuously until the cheese is melted and incorporated.
- Serve and top with parsley if desired. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serves: 12 (1 cup per serving)
Approximate Nutritional Analysis Per Serving: 159 calories, 5 grams of protein, 25 grams of carbohydrates, 2 grams of fiber, and 5 grams of fat.