Simple and rich, pumpkin-spiced party treats that have the feel of fall with every bite.
- 1 ½ cups raw pecans
- 1 cup medjool dates (soaked in warm water for 10 minutes)
- Pinch of seal salt
- 1 cup cashews (soaked in hot water for 1 hour)
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ cup sugar-free maple syrup (Maple Grove Farms)
- 2 TBSP coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Juice of half a lemon
- Start by soaking the cashews for one hour and soaking the dates for 10 minutes.
- Line a muffin tin with plastic wrap or liners. Make the crust in a food processor. Blend the pecans until ground, then add the soft dates and sea salt. Pulse until well combined and sticky. Transfer the mixture into the muffin tin and press down until a crust is formed. The crust is super sticky and it helps if you run your fingers under warm water before pressing down on the crust. Place tin in freezer for 15 minutes.
- In a high speed blender, blend Cashews, Coconut milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, coconut oil, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, and juice of half a lemon until smooth and creamy. Remove tin from freezer and pour the filling over the crust. Top with a few extra pecans and freeze for about 4 hours, or until firm.
Serves: 12 (1 mini pie per serving)
Approximate Nutritional Analysis Per Serving: 265 calories, 5 grams of protein, 21 grams of carbohydrates, 3 grams of fiber, and 20 grams of fat.