Even muffins can be a fat burning snack! Or pair with protein to create a fat burning breakfast.
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour (can sub with oat flour)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup sugar substitute of choice (i.e stevia, coconut sugar, Xylitol)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup soy milk (or skim)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 5.3 oz container non-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Stir in pumpkin, vanilla, milk, egg and yogurt into the dry mix.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin tins lined with paper liners or coated with cooking spray about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until firm.
- Allow muffins to cool for 5 minutes.
Serves: 12 muffins (1 muffin per serving)
Approximate Nutritional Analysis Per Serving: 157 calories, 5 grams of protein, 31 grams of carbohydrates, 3 grams of fiber, and 6 grams of fat.